Who said hash browns could not be replaced? The texture of the Zucchini and Onion in this recipe easily replicates those potatoes. Give these a go for those busy mornings! I love to top mine with Salsa or Guac for even more flavor!
-1 Zucchini, peeled and chopped into strips
-1/2 White Onion, diced
-1/3 Cup Red Pepper, diced
-5 Slices Bacon
-Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Peel the Zucchini and slice into tiny strips. Salt the Zucchini and let sit for 10 minutes to sweat out the excess moisture. Then, blot with a paper towel.
3. Slice the Onion and Pepper.
4. Cook Bacon until crispy.
5. Mix the Zucchini, Onion, and Bacon in a bowl and then fill the bottom of each Muffin Tin with Olive Oil and a small spoonful of the Zucchini mixture.
6. Whisk the Eggs and mix in the Paprika, Salt, and Pepper.
7. Pour the Eggs on top of the Zucchini mix.
8. Top each tin with 1 Tbsp of Cheese and Red Pepper.
9. Bake for 15 minutes.