One awesome thing about keto is that it allows you to go much longer between meals, which means you do not have to worry about packing lots of food with you throughout the day. The meal spacing allows insulin to fall and ketones to be produced and utilized, but come snack time, what are some keto - friendly options?
When snacking on keto, you can be as simple as you like or get creative with some tasty fat bomb recipes. Important things to consider when snacking with keto are;
1) Shoot to have no more than 1 snack/day.
2) Sticking to a high fat, adequate protein, low carb snack is important.
3) If you do have a higher protein or carb snack, place it before a workout or at night.
1. Keto Trail Mix: Mix Macadamia Nuts, Almonds, KNOW Foods Chocolate Chips, Unsweetened Shredded Coconut, and Sunflower Seeds together for a quick grab. Portion accordingly.
2. Pork Rinds, Salsa, and Guac.
3. Quest Chips, Salsa, and Guac.
4. Slice Celery, fill with Cream Cheese, and season with Garlic Salt & Pepper.
5. Tillamook Cheese Squares.
6. Quest Bar & Nuts.
7. Quest Cookie & Nuts.
9. Caprese Salad: Tomatoes, Mozzarella Cheese, Basil, Olive Oil, Salt & Pepper.
10. Sugar Free Jello with a bit of Heavy Cream mixed in.
11. Beef Jerky & Nuts.
12. Sugar Free Latte.
13. Meat & Cheese Roll Ups.
14. KNOW Foods Wrap with Cheese.
15. KNOW Foods Wrap with Legendary Nut Butter.
16. Avocado with Salt.
17. Hard Boiled Egg with String Cheese.
19. Lily's Dark Chocolate.
20. Coconut Manna.
21. Cream Cheese Coffee Fat Bombs.
22. Chia Seed Pudding.
23. Slice Peppers, broil Cheese, and dip in Primal Kitchens' Ranch Dressing.
24. Cucumbers dipped in Primal Kitchens' Ranch.
25. Mixed Greens with a bit of Cheese and Primal Kitchens' Dressing.
26. Lemon Cream Cheese Fat Bombs.
As you can see the options are endless. Recipes abound and foods can be mixed to be keto-friendly! If you have questions, do not hesitate to reach out.