This is a great meal to make in bulk for the week. It does take a bit longer than other meals, but it is not hard and is quite delicious!
TIPS with this meal:
1. Use a mandolin to make your Zucchini Pieces.
2. Do Salt your Zucchini to get rid of excess moisture.
-1lb Ground Beef or Sausage
-1 (28oz) Can of Diced Tomatoes
-1/2 Yellow or White Onion
-3 Garlic Cloves, diced
-1 Tsp. Salt
-Pepper to taste
-1/2 Cup Ricotta Cheese
-1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan
-2 Cups Mozzarella
DIRECTIONS: 1. In a medium pan saute Meat, Onions, and Garlic and drain grease.
2. Mix in the Tomatoes with the Meat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 375.
4. Using your mandolin, slice the Zucchini into 1/8" thick slices. Salt the Zucchini and wipe off excess moisture.
5. Mix the Ricotta, Parmesan and Egg and set aside.
6. In a 9x12 Baking Dish, layer the Lasagna in this manner: Meat mixture, Ricotta mixture, Zucchini slices, Mozzarella. End with Zucchini.
7. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Take off foil and bake for 20 minutes to dry up excess sauce. Top with remaining Mozzarella and bake 10 final minutes.
8. Let cool and ENJOY :)